Department of Labor / Treasury Department Regulatory Agendas for 2015-2016
The DOL and Treasury Department recently published their listing of issues that are intended to be the subject of formal guidance between July, 2015 and July, 2016. Note that in the past, the guidance plans have tended to be overly ambitious. Some of the items have been on the agenda for more than 5 years.
Included are the following items relating to 401(k) plans:
- Guidance regarding substantiation of hardship distributions
- Guidance regarding Qualified Nonelective Contributions (QNECs) and Qualified Matching Contributions (QMACs)
- Guidance regarding mid-year changes to safe harbor plans
- Regulations on status of Indian tribal governmental plans
- Disclosure standards for brokerage windows